Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February Review and Planning for March

It's cliché, but I can't believe February is already gone. Everyone says January lasts forever, but it didn't for me, and February was a blink. It was just winter solstice, and now I'm planning for the equinox! Daffodils are everywhere, snowdrops have appeared like magic, and the willow tree is covered in tiny spring-green leaves. Slow down!

February was not the productive month I'd hoped. I ended up completely beaten down by allergies and couldn't even concentrate enough to get out my blog posts. My goal had been to finally take care of the tasks I've been rolling over for months, and I did make progress, though they're not done.


I successfully completed a workout challenge put on by MapMyRun, and I feel good about that. Most of their challenges are measured by distance or workouts, and with all my walking, I have no problem finished them. This one was specific to gym or gym-style workouts, and I had to push myself to get them done. But I did!


I didn't finish the Polarthon reading challenge put on by Jadeyraereads, but I will finish all the books I chose. I really stretched myself to find books to meet the challenge, books I might never have seen otherwise!


Looking forward into March and April, I have a lot on my plate. Goal number one is making sure my number three kid has a fabulous birthday this month. It's pretty much all planned, but there are always last-minute tasks, like the cake. I am prepping for Camp NaNoWriMo in April, and that brings with it getting as much April stuff off my plate as I can. So goal number two is finishing and scheduling all the non-NaNo (and weekly reading) April blog posts. Third, I have to do a not-insignificant amount of travel planning to do that cannot wait. Finally, I absolutely have to finish all the outstanding tasks I've been putting off. The longer I wait, the more work they'll be to complete!

How did you do in February? Do you have anything exciting planned for March?

No comments:

Post a Comment