Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Books I enjoyed this week 19-26 February 2023


The Picture of Dorian Gray

I finally finished The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. So many people rave about it, but it was hard for me to get through. It was a great story, just fantastical enough, and maybe I would’ve been more interested if I didn’t already know what happens. I do recommend it, though.


Greenglass House

Greenglass House by Kate Milford pulled me right through, desiring to find out what came next. Who doesn’t love a tale about a mysterious map, hidden clues, and stories that have more than a few grains of truth in them? I did not see the final twist coming, either. Praise aside, I’m not sure I’ll continue the series. I liked the book, but right now I don’t feel compelled to read the next book. I might change my mind.


North Child

North Child by Edith Pattou was well-done and very interesting. I do recommend it if you like mythology and/or fairy tales. That said, it’s rare for me to start a series and not continue it if I liked the first book, but this is the second time this week I have decided I might not continue the series. Only time will tell. Note: I found this book under the title East, but in other places, it’s called North Child.


Moxie 

Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu was excellent. I had high hopes because I loved the movie on Netflix. I think I liked the movie better, but this is still a five-star from me. I may even reread it in the future, just as I have re-watched the movie multiple times!


I've stopped talking about the cozy mystery series I've been reading for a while because I don't have anything new to say. If I do, I will. I will, however, be sure to introduce any new series I start!


What are your favorite series?


If you'd like to see everything I'm reading, you can find me on Goodreads at https://www.goodreads.com/ktlasers

No comments:

Post a Comment