Sunday, February 12, 2023

Books I enjoyed this week 5-11 February 2023


The Pale Blue Eye

I read The Pale Blue Eye by Louis Bayard because my husband wanted to watch the Netflix adaptation. The Poe angle had me intrigued, and I prefer reading stories before watching them. Let me start by saying I told my husband to go ahead and watch it without me. When Christian Bale is not playing the creepy character, you know the show is gonna be weird. That said, the book was well-written, and I love a good historical fiction story. I do recommend it if gore is not an issue for you, but it is Creepy with a capital C.


Stealing Home

Stealing Home is the first book in Sherryl Woods' series The Sweet Magnolias. I watched the Netflix series before realizing it was first a book series. I want to read all the books before the next season is released next month. So far the series is very true to the books, or at least this first one. I enjoyed it and look forward to the next book in the series.


The Royal We

The Royal We is the first book in the Royal We series by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan. There were a lot of similarities between this and the current royal family, especially comparing it to the docuseries about Harry and Megan, though there were similarities to both brothers and their wives. I believe I saw someone else say this was Kate Middleton fanfiction, and I would agree with that. The book was well done, but it didn’t wow me, and I’m not sure I will continue with this series. It was a very long book for what it was.


Bookmarked for Death

Bookmarked for Death is the second book in the Booktown Mystery series by Lorna Barrett. These cozy mystery book store series are all starting to blend together. Maybe I should read one at a time! I really am enjoying this genre, though. I just feel bad for all these people who seem to have attracted murder to their towns!


What did you read this week?


If you'd like to see everything I'm reading, you can find me on Goodreads at https://www.goodreads.com/ktlasers

No comments:

Post a Comment