Friday, February 10, 2023

Books I enjoyed this week 29 January - 4 February 2023


Don't Call Me Sweetheart

Don't Call Me Sweetheart by Codi Gary is the first book in the Something Borrowed series. I loved A Cat Café Christmas and wanted to try more books by Codi Gary. I did not like this one as much (admittedly, the bar was very high), but I will read the next book and see how I feel.


Embroidered Truths

Embroidered Truths is the ninth book in A Needlecraft Mystery series by Monica Ferris. R-word. Homophobia, though it doesn’t go unchecked by the MC. Mild racism, though for once it was actually addressed, unlike the rest of the prolific casual racism. Mention of SA. I feel invested in these books, but the ignorance is really wearing on me.


A Sweet Mess, The Dating Dare, and Booked on a Feeling

A Sweet Mess, The Dating Dare, and Booked on a Feeling, the series A Sweet Mess by Jayci Lee. The first book in this series was very cute. I read it because I'd found the third one in a library search, so of course I had to start at the beginning. They were predictable, as expected, but they were fun, and I would happily read another one if it came out.


The Attraction Distraction and It Happened One Christmas Eve

The Attraction Distraction and It Happened One Christmas Eve are the second and third books in the series A Museum of Literature Romance by Jenn McKinlay. I loved the first one. The second one was just okay, but the third one was entertaining. They are short, funny romances.


Murder is Binding

Murder is Binding by Lorna Barrett is the first in the Booktown Mystery series. I told you I read a lot of these. I love the idea of Booktown. Can I visit? A few uses of the r-word, SA trigger warning. Otherwise decent bookstore-based murder mystery. I will continue the series. I liked the characters, and I will keep reading!


The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey is the second book in Trenton Lee Stewart's The Mysterious Benedict Society series. This one was not as good as the first one, but I really like the kids. I will probably continue with the series, especially since I found what I think is a prequel that really has me interested.


What are your comfort books? Do you have a genre you turn to when you want to get lost in a book?



If you'd like to see everything I'm reading, you can find me on Goodreads at https://www.goodreads.com/ktlasers


No comments:

Post a Comment