Thursday, December 3, 2009

Menu-Plan Plan


I've been agonizing over menu planning for the longest time. I follow Jessie's Menu Plan Monday blog posts. I follow the Menu Plan Monday blog posts she references. I follow FLYLady's menu plan ideas and testimonials. I have done SO MUCH research into this to try to figure out how to make it work for me. My stumbling block is my recent vegetarian history. I have no arsenal of recipes to fit into a plan! Thankfully my husband finally heard my plea for a new slow cooker and bought me a 6-qt. Crock-Pot from Costco for our anniversary. I have jumped into slow cooking feet first! Now I'm motivated. Now I do have a new stumbling block: I have to stay dairy free for my son. Hopefully this will only be temporary like it was with my daughter (14 months temporary, but still...), but for now I have to work hard for my recipes. (If you have any good dairy-free slow cooker recipes, please share!) So...

Here's my menu-plan plan:

Meaty Monday - Slow-cooker beef recipes
Tasty Tuesday - Slow-cooker chicken recipes ("Tasty" because chicken tastes like whatever you do to it) :o)
Wild Card Wednesday - Whatever I feel like, pork, vegetarian, slow cooker, not slow cooker...
Spaghetti Night (Yeah...nothing really goes with "Thursday") - or whatever pasta dish sounds good
Free-For-All Friday - Leftovers, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great Katie I cant wait to see what you cook up :-)

    ReplyDelete