Saturday, April 15, 2023

Camp NaNoWriMo Update

It's not going well. I have writer's block. I've plotted and planned and plotted and planned, and I just can't get any actual book text onto the page. I've only written poetry for National Poetry Month about half the days, too. It doesn't matter how much I want to write, as soon as I put hands on keyboard (or hit the voice-to-text button), I freeze.


I've tried visualizing. I've tried ritualizing. I've tried freewriting and prompts and exercising. I've changed location. I've changed direction. I've brainstormed. I've doodled. I've watched others for inspiration.

On the upside, my house is getting very clean. My computer is more organized. I've been diligently doing all the lowest-priority tasks on my list.

Procrastination is a--

I haven't even had the sense about me to put out my weekly reading posts. I'm a wreck.

But it's going to be okay. Every artist has dry spells. I know what's most likely behind mine, and I'm working on it. The brain is a fabulous liar, for better or worse.

For now, I'm going to keep going, and whatever gets on the page gets on the page.

Raise your pen with me to toast the artist's struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment