Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Books I enjoyed this week 8-14 January 2023

 


Book Lovers

Book Lovers by Emily Henry was excellent. I laughed so much. I cried so hard. It's a new addition to my favorites list!


Felix Ever After

Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender was very good. I loved the discussions about representation and Felix’s art journey. If you plan to buy this book, the paperback has gorgeous flower illustrations on the fore edge!


Hooked on Murder

Hooked on Murder by Betty Hechtman was not my favorite, but enjoyable enough that I will continue the series. Content warning: there were a couple culturally-insensitive colloquialisms. There was really fun fighting between crocheters and knitters.


The Witches of Moonshyne Manor

The Witches of Moonshyne Manor by Bianca Marais was an engaging story about aging witches, a la Golden Girls. While there were many mentions of sex magic, it was not graphic. There was LGBT+ representation as well. I recommend it.


The Mysterious Benedict Society

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart kept the mystery coming. I checked it out because of the Disney+ production. It has vibes from a number of popular books and movies, and I think it would appeal to a wide audience.


What did you enjoy reading this week?


If you'd like to see everything I'm reading, you can find me on Goodreads at https://www.goodreads.com/ktlasers

No comments:

Post a Comment