Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tinkerlab Double Page Spread Challenge

A great blog I follow has issued a creativity challenge.  Here it is:

"I’m starting the week off with a little challenge to open up a sketchbook and create a double page spread every day. I find that my kids are more creative when they witness my own passion for creativity, and this strategy is a manageable and inspiring way to walk the talk."
I love this!  I'm sure, as with everything, I will forget...frequently.  Nevertheless, I want to give this challenge a go.  Journaling of any sort is very cathartic for me.

Yesterday I was reading a post about ways to help your children through strong emotions.  One of the tips is "Angry Art."  Once a child gets out all the aggression, s/he typically settles into calm(er) creation.  Why don't more adults try this?  It's cheaper than that punching bag for which I keep asking...

I definitely can't lose here.

So, here's day 1:

I have space on the brain
...and I love crayons

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that this idea connects with you, Katie, and I hope we can continue to motivate each other to make an almost daily practice of this. I know it's so hard to show up every day to create (life with kids is ridiculously busy), but every little bit helps. I have space on the brain too...my 3 year old is obsessed with planets and my one year old loves counting down to blast off ;)

    ReplyDelete