Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spider Web Weaving

Today we wove our own spider webs.  I would have preferred paper plates and yarn, but I don't have paper plates, and string was handier, so our webs aren't so fancy.  I cut notches in the cardboard, making them triangular to make them easier for small hands to control.  Ellie got frustrated pretty quickly because she thinks there's a right and wrong way to do everything.  Mikey doesn't quite have the skills to do this, so I had him point to where he wanted the string to go.

For the spiders, I frantically grabbed whatever was near (pom poms) because the kids were getting antsy.  Apparently I need to stock up on spider-making supplies.  Eh, well...we made fuzzy jumping spiders apparently.  At least I found the small googly eyes before bed; the kids were about to riot.

I didn't wait for the glue to dry before taking pictures, so ignore the extra white around the eyes.

Ellie's I'm-done-with-this web and color-controlled spider (so unlike her)

Mikey's I-prefer-red-orange-and-pink spider that we accidentally glued on the wrong side
My rainbow spider with different color eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment