Random Bible Verse

Food for the Moment
New Bible Verses

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I need to do something

I have fallen away from God.  Not completely away...  I still talk to Him and listen for Him and have a passion for Him.  But I'm not doing what He's telling me to do.  I'm not reading His word or spending time in prayer or giving up things He's asking me to give up.  I'm queen of the yeahbuts.  I've been aware of demon attacks recently that were stopping me from doing what God was asking.  (The attacks had stopped being successful when I was vigilantly wearing my armor.  Then I was painfully aware that they stopped completely when I got too comfortable.)  I told a friend today that I'm just along for the ride, which is pretty much an invitation for Satan.

Sooo...

I'm going to read the Word every day.  I can't promise to follow any sort of reading plan.  I can't promise to have anything meaningful to say every day.  But I will promise to read something every day and pray intentionally every day.

2 comments:

  1. GO KATIE!!!! I will be praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm a Tiber Swim Team member stranded on the shore right now, myself.

    Satan is this world of distraction.

    ReplyDelete