Random Bible Verse

Food for the Moment
New Bible Verses

Friday, February 26, 2010

Mikey Update 2/26/10

Mikey is almost four months old and he barely holds up his head and won't even try to do mini pushups. He still turns his head only and abruptly to the left and he hasn't nursed since January 1st. Dr. Ross (chiropractor) and Dr. Sue (cranio-sacral therapist) have jointly agreed that Mikey does not appear to be in pain anymore (if he ever was). They want him to see a neurologist. I took Mikey to Dr. Jones (pediatrician) for his blessing and a name, as well as the name of another cardiologist for a second opinion (Dr. Sue's idea) and a cream for his eczema rash. The rash cleared up with a dose of over-the-counter hydrocortisone. I didn't get to call the cardiologist. I called the neurologist, and the soonest appointment is April 27th, more than two months away. In the meantime, Debbie (lactation consultant), told me about a naturopath who has a neuro consultant on staff. She and her daughter have experienced amazing things under their care, and she's heard other amazing stories. I called the office and spoke directly to the doctor. I really want to give him a try, but Mike is hesitant. His treatment ideas can't hurt, so we may give him a try if we can't come up with another neurologist in the meantime. The doctor gave me some ideas for improving my body's lactation functions, so I'm going to try those to try to tip the balance back to more milk than formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment