Random Bible Verse

Food for the Moment
New Bible Verses

Friday, January 1, 2010

God Speak

My day is just full of God speak....and Thank GOD for that! I was on Comfort Joy's blog again and saw another great scripture verse I had to share: "The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit" (Psalm 34:18). I thought, "That's good! I bet someone needs to hear that right now, so I'll post it on facebook!" It was only after I posted it and reread it that I realized it applies to me right now. I just said, out loud and with a great sigh of realization, "Oh, wow." God knows us better than we know ourselves, and he knows just what we need. Thank God for God speak!

What is "God speak," you might be asking? Well, it's the infinite ways God speaks to us. The key is knowing when it is, in fact, God speaking and not our own minds or, God forbid, the devil himself. Remember: the devil knows the word of God as well, and he's an expert at taking it out of context and of delivering it in deceiving ways. Just look at how he tricked Eve and how he tried to cause Jesus to stumble in the wilderness. How do you know it's God speaking to you? Pray constantly. One of my favorite passages is from I Thessalonians 5 (and I recommend reading the entire chapter): "16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." Additionally, I frequently recite this passage found in Matthew 7:7 and Luke 11:9: "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." All of those verbs are in a tense that implies infinite continuity: ask and keep on asking, seek and keep on seeking, knock and keep on knocking. In other words, constantly seek God, satisfying your spiritual hunger with his word as you would your physical hunger with food and your thirst with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment