Random Bible Verse

Food for the Moment
New Bible Verses

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 - My year for renewal through prayer and study

I felt the urge to follow suit and create a New Year blog entry. I really don't think I could write one better than the blog I posted earlier today, but I didn't realize that was a New-Years-Day blessing until much later. Additionally, many of my fellow bloggers have inspired me to thank God for 2010 in a big way. I'd like to give credit to some of them right now for their New Year inspirations. Thank you Felicia and Rev. Mark Brown, and this Maxwell's blog gives me great inspiration for my family. Thank you, Comfort Joy Designs, for directing me to this perfect new-year scripture:


"Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:19

I love to make resolutions. I don't just make them for the new year, though. I make them all year long! In fact, I start my "New Year Resolutions" about a month early ("running start" and all that). That said, here are a few of my current resolutions:

  • Get into my healthy weight range by my birthday (6/13) - started after Ellie was born (got 5 pounds closer) and restarted after Mikey's birth this November
  • Study God's word every single day - started almost a month ago, a little bumpy but gaining momentum
  • Strive to be the wife God would have me be - a few years in the making

Finally, I added a new resolution for 2010. (Yes, here's an actual New Year Resolution.):

Use my blog to bring Jesus to my friends and family and anyone else God directs my way

So, my most wonderful friends and inspirations, I'm calling on you to hold me accountable, keep up your incredible, faith-filled leadership and follow God with all your hearts. To you and everyone else: I'll pray for you and I ask for your prayers for me!

God bless you and send you

1 comment:

  1. God is good. It is wonderful that we can rest in Him as He makes all things new. I find myself burning out quickly when I try to make things new. That's His job, not mine. I need to rest and trust.

    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog today!

    For His Name's Sake,
    Deborah

    Comfort Joy Designs
    comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com
    comfortjoydesings AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete